The first task which I will need to do is to pick different ways that you can make your home more energy efficient. Some ideas will be very easy (and cheap!) to implement, but can make big changes. These things would include things like:
- Using energy efficient appliances
- Using compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Saving water
- Using recycled... anything
- Watching the temperature
This list can go on and on. I will then also have to outline the common issues within older homes, and how to change and upgrade those. These will likely be larger issues, such as:
- Poor insulation
- High energy use due to leaks in the housing envelope
- Old/in-effective doors and windows
- Built of materials that can not be reused
- In-effective placement of windows for natural lighting
- Leaky taps
- Water greedy gardens
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a pamphlet in my office about government incentives for retrofitting your home.
Post a Comment