Nice photos Morgan! My house is actually in your slide show. I was thinking that it might be helpful for you and Mitch (because you have similar topics) to come by the house and chat about what kind of designs would be appropriate for this very diverse neighborhood. Perhaps we could find one of my neighbors who would like to see some new designs for their old house. Let me know if this is of interest to you (Mark can come too!).
Great photos Morgan, i need to get out there as well, should have my pics up by the weekend. I think the tour is a great idea. I would love to see your house as well Dale, which is it in the slide? Once again great photos Morgan.
If you guys would like to do a tour this afternoon, I am available. Just let me know what time works best for you. Yes, my house is the one with the flat roof. Am I that predictable?
1. Williams, Daniel.E. (2007) Sustainable Design: Ecology, Architecture, and Planning. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley &Sons, Inc.
2. Jalayerian, Mehdi & Eich, Steven. (2006). Blending Architecture and Renewable Energy. Ashrae Journal, 9, 70-72, 74-76.
3. Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation. (2004). Renovating for Energy Savings: Row houses. Retrieved February 11, 2006, from www.cmhc.ca
4. Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation. (2004). Renovating for Energy Savings: Split Level Houses.. Retrieved February 11, 2006, from www.cmhc.ca
5. Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation. (2004). Renovating for Energy Savings: 1960’s or 70s one storey houses. Retrieved February 11, 2006, from www.cmhc.ca
7. Wells, Malcolm & Spetgang, Irwin. (1987). How to buy solar heating… without getting burnt! USA. Malcolm Wells, Irin Spetgang, and Solar Service Corporation.
8. Sceckel, Paul. (2005). The Home Energy Diet. Canada. New Society Publishing.
9. Marshall, Brian & Argue, Robert. (1981). The Super-Insulated Retrofit Book: A homeowners guide to energy-efficient renovation. Ontario, Canada. Renewable Energy in Canada.
10. Reys, Gary. (2005). Build it solar: The Renewable Energy Site. Retrieved February 25, 2008 from www.builditsolar.com.
11. Elefante, Carl. (2007). The Greenest Building Is... One That is Already Built. Forum Journal, Volume 24, 26-38.
12. Natural Resources Canada. (2002). Energy Efficiency Planning and Management Guide. Ottawa. Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada.
13. Goffman, Ethan. (2006). Green Buildings: Conserving the Human Habitat. CSA Discovery Guides. October 2006.
14. Johnstone, David & Master, Kim. (2004). Green Remodeling. New Society Publishers.
15. Wagner, John D. (2008). Green Remodling. Creative Homeowners.
16. Natural Resources Canada. (2008). "Older Homes and Heritage Buildings". Retrieved from http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/residential/personal/new-home-improvement/heritage.cfm?attr=4. April 11, 2008.
17. Natural Resources Canada. (2008). Retrofit Y our Home and Qualify for a Grant. Ottawa. Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada.
18. Building Policy Branch (2006). British Columbia Building Code 2006. British Columbia, Library and Archives Canada Cataloguing in Publication Data.
9 comments:
Nice photos Morgan!
My house is actually in your slide show. I was thinking that it might be helpful for you and Mitch (because you have similar topics) to come by the house and chat about what kind of designs would be appropriate for this very diverse neighborhood. Perhaps we could find one of my neighbors who would like to see some new designs for their old house. Let me know if this is of interest to you (Mark can come too!).
Great photos Morgan, i need to get out there as well, should have my pics up by the weekend. I think the tour is a great idea. I would love to see your house as well Dale, which is it in the slide? Once again great photos Morgan.
I assumed his house is the one with the flat roof. ;)
So long as the weather permits, I'm going to have to go out tomorrow and take some more pictures as well to use for my graphic.
lol. Oh really, what is your graphic going to be? I think i have a good idea for mine.
I'm going to take a picture of a house straight on and then sketch over one side of it and add all sorts of different features like solar panels, etc.
If you guys would like to do a tour this afternoon, I am available. Just let me know what time works best for you. Yes, my house is the one with the flat roof. Am I that predictable?
We have physics this afternoon, but we can come over afterwards - around 4ish? Does that work?
4:00 would be great. I will be in my office doing some marking this afternoon, so you can meet me there.
I have to run to my brother's house and get my camera, so if its alright with u Dale I can just meet you guys downtown. I will phone Morgan on my way.
Post a Comment