Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Original Graphics

Does anyone have any ideas for original graphics? I thought that just doing a photo was pretty plain, and doesn't quite incorporate the renovation/sustainable aspect of the topic as well. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Dale Parkes said...

You could sketch over one of the photos. The real issue with your project is how will these green retrofits affect the look of the heritage homes? Many of them will not affect the look at all, but you may find that if you start replacing the old windows with new ones you start to loose the heritage feel. Then if you start talking about adding solar water heaters or PV panels things really start to change. Is this acceptable? Is this inevitable?

Morgan Turland said...

That's a good idea, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to take a photo of one of the houses, leave half of it the same, and then sketch over the other side. I'll add all sorts of new green technology to the sketched side, and see how they both compare.