I've decided that my exact thesis statement is going to be:
What are the most effective methods to make heritage homes more sustainable in Kamloops?
I'm going to try and get in contact with some of the people who first designed some of the homes in the west-end of Kamloops and ask them some questions. I discovered I have a bit of a link to Glen Jardine, who built some of the homes in that area, so I plan to contact him and find ask him some questions about the area, his inspirations, and his thoughts on my topic!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey Morgan,
I found a product when i was researching for my Yurt project which might be an interesting option for heating when renovating heritage home. I know some of these homes will have old and in-efficient heating systems. Its called safe-t-flex electric underfloor heating it comes in rolls and is ideal for renovations.
Heres the link:
http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/cbs-radiant-heating-systems/electric-underfloor-heating-9811-24024.html
Hey Morgan, nice topic. Mitch informed me about your research idea and I think I may be able to help. I have work experience in renovating heritage homes, from back in Ontario. During my time there I created a collection of construction phase pictures. Maybe they'll be useful for refernces. I would also be willing to discuss any questions or ideas you may have.
Thanks both of you - Matt, I'd love to see the photos, maybe tomorrow?
I found this article on "What do you think about home renovating?" It's a look at what British Colombians perceptions of the home renovation and improvement process along with their interest in (and understanding of) green building.
http://www.sustainablebuildingcentre.com/blog/helen_goodland_40
I hope you find it helpful.
Thanks Nicole, but I already have that article. :)
Thanks for the photos, Matt. Should be very helpful!
Hi Morgan
Thanks for all your help with my thesis statement. I think i have a better idea of where im going now. I found this book called "New Sustainable Homes: Designs for healty living" written by James Grayson Trulove. I know your project is about heritage home but maybe you can use ideas that new designs are using and incorporate them into the old designs. here is the link to the amazon.com book discription
http://www.amazon.com/New-Sustainable-Homes-Designs-Healthy/dp/0061138916
Post a Comment